Friday, November 30

Another Week of Restriction!?!

Let's face it, dieting is hard work.  Cutting back on the foods you love to eat is like being a teenager on restriction everyday.  No hanging out, no party, no dating, no cell phone, no keys to the car, no indulging in whatever makes you happy.  Some days you wake up and it's like "that's it," I'm done with the rolls of fat and I am going to lose the weight.  And for a while it happens, 5lbs, 10lbs, etc.  But then along comes a family gathering or surprise party and you begin to think I'll be okay if I just splurge this one time.  How are you supposed to turn the "splurging" off?  You look in the mirror and you really like who you are now, but that "one time" celebration and splurging is now OUT OF CONTROL.  What are you suppose to do, just turn the light switch off....OH, how I wish I could. 

I have been on this ride my entire life and have yet to figure out how to get off and stay off.  Count calories; watch carbs; no bread or potatoes; count fat grams; whatever the fad is today it will be gone tomorrow but the my fat is forever.  NOT!  Change the channel -- pick up the excuses and put them in the front seat of that roller coaster by themselves.

My weight loss success is slow but it has for the first time in my life been steady.  I hate working at it everyday but then I remember how valuable my life is to my husband and kids.  Does it motivate me everyday, nope but it helps when that emotional ride comes creeping by.  Life is really out there for the taking, people like me don't have to stay fat, you don't have to be sad and miss out.  Food is like a love affair with out-of-control sex.  So don't cheat on your partner by indulging in food, stay focused and in the most important relationship of your life---your health.

I tribute my success to counting calories and the consistent use B6+B12 with Lipotropics injections.  Yeah, no gimmick here just needed the boost of energy to help me feel like exercising.  I read a lot in blogs and hear positive feedback.  My emotions are not so out of wack that I don't realize the calories is what makes me lose.  But the energy and metabolism booster in the injections sure the heck helps.  Don't knock me for trying something new and figuring out what works for me.  Consider it a side dish of the main course.     

Until we chat again, don't give up and know like me you are beautiful inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment